With this new feature, You will be able to easily provide the auditing information for ESXi logins to your auditor. You will be saved during your IT audit.
Let’s take a step by step look to understand this feature.
1. Create a local user account in ESXi server by login to ESXI directly using vSphere Client
2. Add the user account into Administrator Group
3. Login to ESXi via SSH using the newly created user account called “Mohammed”
4. Execute the below commands with user “Mohammed” Login
This command to list the vSwitch connected to this ESXi host
esxcli network vswitch standard list
This command to list the Number of CPU’s and its details
esxcli hardware cpu list
5. Now We will verify the “/Var/log/shell.log” to audit the actions performed by user called “Mohammed”
It lists the login information and all the commands executed by the user called “Mohammed” and also logs information about all User logins and tasks performed by users.
I believe this is informative for you. Thanks for Reading !!!