When comes to infrastructure systems, It is always a question of what will be recovery option. It is very normal that system may get crashed due to some issues. It will be always a question in the mind that how would we recover the system and what will be the backup strategy. We can backup & restore VMware NSX Manager data from the NSX Manager management web page. You can back up and restore your NSX Manager data, which can include system configuration, events, and audit log tables. Configuration tables are included in every backup. Backups are saved to a remote location that must be accessible by the NSX Manager. In this post, We will discuss how to configure and schedule the NSX Manager data. Let’s take a look at the detailed step by step procedure to Backup & Restore VMware NSX Manager.
How to Backup & Restore VMware NSX Manager
Backup VMware NSX Manager Data:
Login to NSX Manager management page using the below URL:
https:<NSX-Manager IP_or Name>
In Home Page of NSX Manager, click Backups & Restore Under Appliance Management
Click on Change to specify the FTP Server Settings to store the NSX Manager Backup files.
- Enter the IP address or hostname of the FTP server, which is going to store the backup files.
- From the Transfer Protocol drop-down menu, select either SFTP or FTP, based on what the destination supports and Edit the default port if required.
- Enter the username and password which is required to log in to the Backup System i.e FTP server
- In the Backup Directory field, type the absolute path of the FTP Folder, where backups will be stored.
- Type a text string in Filename Prefix. This text is prepended to each backup filename for easy recognition on the backup system. For example, if you type NSXBCKP, the resulting backup file will be named as NSXBCKPHH_MM_SS_DayDDMonYYYY.
- Type the passphrase to secure the backup and Click OK.
Click on Change next to Scheduling to schedule the backup of NSX Manager Data.
- From the Backup Frequency drop-down menu, select Hourly, Daily, or Weekly based on your requirement. The Day of Week, Hour of Day, and Minute drop-down menus are disabled based on the selected frequency. For example, if you select Daily, the Day of Week drop-down menu is disabled as this field is not applicable to a daily frequency.
- I prefer to do the Weekly backup.For a weekly backup, select the day of the week and hour and Minute that the data should be backed up.
- Click Schedule to save the NSX Manager backup schedule.
Click on Change settings for Exclude Option to exclude any of the data during NSX Manager Backup.
All Backup Settings are configured. Click on Backup to initiate the immediate backup of NSX Manager.
Once Backup is completed, You will be able to see the Last backup information like Filename, date and Size of the backup file.
I can see the same information when I browse towards the FTP server backup directory.
Restore NSX Manager Data:
To Restore the NSX Manager Data, Select one of the Backup files and click on Restore option to restore the NSX Manager Data.
That’s it.I hope you are now aware of how to Backup & Restore VMware NSX Manager. Thanks for Reading!!!. Be Social and Share it on social media, if you feel worth sharing it.